Since E had Friday and Monday off from school due to a PD day and Family Day, we went out of town Thursday evening. We overnighted in the beautiful city of Toronto. Friday morning, I picked up L in St. Kitt's and dropped off my folks and E in Niagara. L and I made a mini road trip to NYC so I could take her to dinner and a show for her 40th bday.
The dinner in Times Square was good and Mary Poppins at the New Amsterdam theatre on 42nd was great. We chose the Mary Poppins show as it was closest to our hotel (we were on 39th) and it was better than I thought it would be. Saturday was very windy and cold so we spent the afternoon touring film and tv locations on a bus for the better part of Saturday afternoon before our dinner and show.
Sunday, we rose a little later due to the bottle of wine shared between us after the show. We moseyed over to and parked on 62nd; checked out a restaurant featured in one of L's favourite movies after being floored by the price of purses at Bloomingdales. Poor L, she had planned to buy herself a purse at Bloomingdales as her 40th gift to herself. All the ones she considered were several hundreds of dollars. I am not much of a purse person myself, but must confess I'd rather take a trip to Cuba than drop $1000 on a purse. Crazy.
L left NYC without her desired purse even though I suggested we go back to Times Square and pick one up significantly cheaper at any of the vendors or stores that offered much better deals. L had her heart set on getting her new purse at Bloomingdales. Maybe next time..
We made the trip back on Sunday night after getting slowed down due to a tractor trailer mishap on the I-80 near the Poconos and then weather from Syracuse onwards. I dropped L off at her house and went to the hotel where E and my folks were staying. We drove home yesterday afternoon, stopping at the Rainforest Café on the way where E got this really cool travel mug that has a storage container screwed to the bottom. There was a little toy in there, but for the future, it will make a fantastic snack container.
It was cute to hear E snoring in the car on the way home. My folks mentioned E did a lot of swimming over the last few days which likely contributed to her easy transition to sleep. We all had such a nice time. :)
By the way, I got a coffee on the 401 last night and rolled up the rim. This year, Timmies is supposed to increase the odds as so many people were keeping public tabs on their wins vs losses and found the posted odds did not match up with their personal experiences in years past. This is my first time keeping tabs. So far, I am 0:1.
No comments:
Post a Comment