Tuesday, February 15, 2011

what a day yesterday

E was very excited when I got home. She had made this beautiful paper basket with a poem on the outside and a valentine on the inside. She was so very proud as she gave it to me. It is the most elaborate valentine I have ever seen! :)

She had a fun day at school. Between the exchange of valentines, the treats and putting the finishing touches on the valentines for the parents, it was a perfect day. E really liked that I had given her a special valentine's shirt to wear. Last night, she asked if I would wash it so she could wear it again today. To keep her day as perfect as can be, I did exactly that. E is wearing almost exactly the same clothes as yesterday, all freshly laundered. :)

As a note to myself, I am going to have to stick to making vanilla cupcakes. I have learned the lesson of chocolate cupcakes in decorated cupcake cups: you can't see the decorated cup as the chocolate is too dark. It appears the same is true for pink on cupcake cups adorned with red hearts. I made strawberry cupcakes for the occasion and again, it was hard to make out the decorations on the cups.

Furthermore, it turns out some of the kids just wanted the rings and not the cupcakes. I am not sure if it was the strawberry or the pink, but some kids just weren't interested in the cake. The rings were a different story. Due to a lower acceptance rate (in comparison with the chocolate) and the fact that the specially decorated cupcake cups were hard to discern, I will stick with vanilla cupcakes in the future.

No comments: