This weekend, we decided to make a little trip stateside. We had booked a hotel in Syracuse, but the white out conditions on the I-81 forced us to overnight in Watertown. Hardly surprising, we were not the only ones who interrupted their travel plans and pulled off to find the closest hotel. There was a stream of people entering the hotel lobby and pouring out their stories to the reception staff of how much the driving conditions had deteriorated. We were lucky we got off when we did as some told stories of the many cars that had veered into ditches as they couldn't make out the difference between road and land. That could have been us had we not been so lucky as to encounter an exit the very moment I confessed I couldn't see the mile markers for the road anymore. Thank you dad for using the GPS to find that exit. :)
Our weekend of fortune continued. When we ultimately did end up in Syracuse, I found a store that sells greeting cards in Spanish, so I picked up a few of those. The Christmas Tree Shop had an impressive selection of St. Patrick's Day and Easter paraphenalia, so both mom and I picked up various items for each of those holidays. This year, E is going to have an Easter themed birthday party, so we got this giant Easter Bunny on a stake. It is so cute! We finished off our mini shopping spree at TJ Maxx which had pretty much everything on sale, so I picked up a few packages of really cute socks and underwear for E.
Since the Superbowl was on, the stores were empty and we were able to get a lot done in a shorter period of time. Awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment