Friday, March 18, 2011

animals

When it comes to people, I can be fiercely loyal. Not so much for radio stations. I admit it, I'm fickle. Yesterday, the talk radio subject didn't interest me, so I started surfing. I landed on a station that had a good song and left it there. After the song, there was a question open to any listener that went like this: "80% of all children 0-6 years dream of this..." There were a great many, some surprising, answers. The winning caller got the answer from her 7 year old daughter: animals.

So yesterday, after picking E up from March Break camp, I asked her what she dreamt last night. Surprise, surprise, her dreams included cats and elephants. E asked me what I dream and I told her I dream of my kids, the one I have and the ones that I don't yet have. It occurred to me, I have been dreaming of kids for a long time now. My future kids have taken on many genders, age ranges and size of brood in my dreams over the last few years. Such is life when you enter the world of adoption, so many uncertainties that your psyche begins to play with the different possible scenarios. And when that adoption has been in process for over 3 years, well, there have been a lot of scenarios.

Let's hope one of them pans out and soon. :)

No comments: