Now that E is less than 4 weeks from her birthday, she has started singing about it. This morning, I spent my morning listening to: "It's 27 days until my birthday, it's 27 days until my birthday, it's 27 days until my birthday, ..." I have to admit, I'm pretty excited too. She will be 7 on April 24 which happens to fall on Easter this year. In honour of that specialness, E will be having an Easter Birthday Party, the day before her big day.
E has been trying hard to figure out which 7 friends she will be inviting. I think she almost has it figured out. This year, we are having a house party. Let's hope the weather cooperates! So far, we have planned the following activities and games:
1. Egg decorating
2. Confetti Egg Pass
3. Tape the cotton tail on the rabbit
4. Egg on the spoon race
5. Food and Cake
6. Inside the house to wash up, all kids meet in living room (while the eggs are being hidden outside)
7. EGG HUNT
8. Bunny and Easter Egg piñatas
As per little Miss E's request, the menu will include: hot dogs and chips and, of course, cupcakes.
This will be my second house party for E. Her first birthday party with friends was when she was 4 and it was at home. Her last 2 birthday parties were location parties, although awesome in their own right, I felt bad about the rushing near the end as we only had the spot for 2 hours. Since 2 hours is just not enough time for games and food, piñata and play, I am toying with the idea of putting 3 hours on E's party invitations. E likes the idea as she sees her party as one giant playdate and will fill up the remaining time just playing with her friends. I like that too as it may give me a chance to visit with some of the parents...
No comments:
Post a Comment