E is totally excited. I thought with daylight savings time, she would be hard to get up this morning, not so. She got me up! Her excitement started when I told her that they have a couple of really fun field trips planned this week. And then yesterday, I pulled out a new backpack for her to start this fun week.
Since she has proclaimed that she really does not like Dora anymore "Dora is for babies!", the backpack that she uses for Spanish class, dance class and piano lessons, that I intended for her March Break Camp, would not do. I gave her a Fairies backpack that I picked up at the Christmas Tree Shop a couple of months ago. It turns out that a tear was starting in the bottom corner of the Dora backpack anyway. In actual fact, I am amazed her Dora backpack has lasted this long.
Her Dora backpack was her JK backpack and was resurrected as a secondary backpack for non-school activities. To put into context my amazement at the durability of this backpack, her Strawberry Shortcake backpack that she started using in September 2010 finally bit the dust last month. No more will I go for licensed backpacks, we are now moving in to heavy duty backpack territory.
No comments:
Post a Comment