Saturday, we had a BBQ and celebrated my mom's birthday. Sunday, we had another BBQ after returning home from E's afternoon of picture taking. S took some beautiful pics of all the dancers in their costumes. E's marinera dress looked luminescent against the backdrop of all the foliage for the outside photo shoot.
Yesterday, we made a little road trip to our favourite little US town and picked up some items ordered off of EBay. Since E already has a leapster, I ordered a 2nd leapster only this one is in Spanish, for her sibling. We also picked up a bunch of Spanish children's books and a new laptop lunch box for E's sibling for next year. Yes, I have renewed hope. Not for any good reason though. I haven't heard any news from my agency even though I have asked if my latest documents were sent. Sigh.
I have to remain hopeful though, otherwise, I come too close to making alternate plans. The only good thing about my adoption process remaining at a standstill is that we will get to use our tickets to the Lion King in July and we will be here to receive what might very well be one of the first Volts to arrive in Canada. The production week for my car is the 2nd week after the plant reopens to begin the new model year. I can't believe it, I am excited not only that I will be getting myself an electric car but also one with a very low VIN. I know, uber geek all the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment