I've waited awhile before posting this as I had many feelings and some were best not to be let loose in the big wide Internet world without the benefit of reflection.
M & M were awesome and I am so grateful to both of them for the time and effort they both invested in attempting to resuscitate my Peruvian adoption. I was especially touched by M's offer to receive my file, have it translated and resubmit it to the SNA as a new application. Sadly, I believe that the frequent "administrative errors" that occurred with my file will ultimately hold me back. We visited the SNA, we know they are busy. It will be hard for me to imagine them treating my file as new given the many administrative problems associated to my application already. So much for having an agency. I could have done a better job on my own.
In a nutshell, M confirmed that there were no problems with the substance of my file, it was the constant delays in submitting my documents that offended their stringent rules governing how long one must take to submit anything to them. Honestly, the 10 day turnarounds were a little extreme considering I had to have everything translated, notarized, authenticated and then legalized. But I was doing it even allowing for travel. However, my agency, not so much. Every time I would run around racing to get a document done, my agency was drafting a letter asking for an extension to the timelines. Talk about frustrating.
But I am frustrated no more. I am picking myself up, dusting myself off and am still so very much committed to giving E a sibling who shares her experience of adoption and some of her heritage too. So, here we come Colombia...probably in about 2 years.. I have filled out a form, registered with a new agency and I am now more furtively looking at ways to improve my Spanish for my new 5-7 year old daughter, who is already born! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment