Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lying

This is what I have been increasingly facing with my soon to be 8 year old. The most pathetic part of it all is that she is lying about things for which she wouldn't even get in trouble. Because, yes, I did search it out and learned that most children lie for fear of getting in trouble by telling the truth. My daughter's lies are steeped in a crazy imagination that is getting way too out of control. Yes, K, you are right, E embellishes and lies because of her furtive creativity.

But I've had enough. E knows the Peter and the Wolf story a hundred times over. I am done explaining to her, consequences are what she has in store. Huge consequences that are only getting worse with every lie.

Disney is off the table and as of yesterday, she lost gymnastics. I wrote her a letter. She lies again, I will cancel swimming. And I won't stop until it is school and home. There will be no March Break camp. I will be her March Break camp. Look out world, there is some serious child molding going on here.

No comments: