I've requested that Peru return my file so that I can move on. And by moving on, I mean that I will be starting another process.
Since I had so much success starting my first process on my birthday, I will start my next process on E's birthday.
I will be half way through my master's degree and probably finished by the time we finally go and get a sister for E and another child for me. The timing seems really good. Since I have always been birth year focused and not age focused, my application will still state that my next child should be 2 years younger than E. That would place her at an age that most families are not requesting but that would work out perfectly for us. So, the paper chasing, and not a bottle neck, should hopefully be the only delay.
Furthermore, I took E to Disney World for her 8 year old birthday. It was such fun to celebrate her birthday at Disney and I would hope to do the same for the next child. So much the better that it would coincide with the child's 8th birthday occurring shortly after the adoption.
So, even though I am not doing anything right now, I have decided that I am not going to give up; which is monumental in its own right.
Lucky for me, I will be dealing with a much more reputable agency the next time around. The woman running the agency is a native of the country. Three times a charm, let's hope that will be true.

No comments:
Post a Comment