Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Colombia here we come

Yesterday, I received an email that my two sponsorship applications have been moved from the consulate in Lima to the consulate in Bogotá. That was good news. It only took a month. The SNA could learn a thing or two from the consulate. The SNA is awfully good at making requests but not so good at responding to them. I have still not received my file from them. All those documents that contain so much personal information.

I want them back. I am going to email them one more time and if they still don't respond, I am going to get the embassy involved.

Five years have elapsed since I first started this second adoption, I am now letting E decide what type of a sibling she wants. She was only 3 when we first started and now she is 8. She had no concept of what it meant to have a sibling then. In her experience with friends with siblings, she prefers the idea of having a sister. I would still love to adopt a girl and a boy, but I am going to abide by E's wishes and request a girl. I won't bother cancelling the 2nd application though, just in case...

In other news, E started her Spanish Summer School this week. Yesterday, I learned that they will be dividing her class in two as the lovely Venezuelan teacher told me she had 35 kids show up on Monday! I suggested that many families were probably like us and took the first week as vacation, M agreed.

E and I, along with her abuelos and tios, had a glorious first week of summer up at Kenauk. My folks have been before and wanted to share it with the rest of us. I am so glad they did. What a beautiful spot! If you can manage it, I highly recommend it. The only tip is that the beds at the Sugarbush cabin are less than comfy so pack a foam topper or camp mattress when you go. :)

No comments: