Tuesday, August 7, 2012

getting ready for baby

Not mine, but my sister's. I am in the throes of baby shower planning, repleat with silly games. Oh the fun we will have. So much so, I have not only invited the x chromosome friends and kin but their kidlets as well.

All games will be all ages and some games will be just for the kiddos.

Here is my list thus far:

1. "Guess the Famous Mom" To play this baby shower game, tape the name of a famous mom to the back of each baby shower guest without them seeing it. Each baby shower guest gets a chance to guess what famous mom they are by asking the other guests 5 questions that have only a "yes" or "no" answer (for example, "Am I an actress?" or "Am I a writer?"). The last question is usually "Am I (name of famous mom)?" The first baby shower guest who guesses which famous mom they are wins the baby shower game prize. For the kids, guess the famous cartoon character.
2. Clothes pin game – if you say “baby”, someone can take your pin, whoever has the most/all pins wins
3. Baby bottle guessing game- guess the # of items in the bottle
4. Have kids decorate onesies
5. Baby food game: remove the labels from the baby food jars (give a list of choices to make it easier)
6. Pins in Rice: Put 20 safety pins into a large bowl of uncooked rice. Blindfold each guest and see how many pins they can find in 60 seconds. The guest who pulls out the most pins wins!
7. Tape the baby on T’s belly, whoever gets closest to her belly button wins
8. Toilet paper roll game: tear a large piece of TP to guess the size of the expecting mothers belly. Everyone can play; who ever get the closest to her size, wins a prize.
9. Change the baby: cloth diaper a whole bunch of stuffies, some with chocolate bars and some with apple juice. I am going to ask the guests to change the diaper and whoever changes their diaper the fastest, and correctly, wins a prize! They can reuse the same diaper after removing their “mini-prize” (chocolate bars still in wrappers and apple juice still in its tetra pack).
10. Baby shower bingo during gift opening

No comments: