Wednesday, November 7, 2012

checking in ...

I know, I am such a terrible blogger.  And the thing is, I really like the whole blogging world. I wish I could be more committed to it.  Life just gets so busy and just when I think I should be writing some of this stuff down, something else comes along and I get caught up with that.

Recently, I made use of this blog to track back to last Christmas.  So it is useful to me to have some record of what we do.  It may be somewhat interesting to someone else or completely boring, but here is what we have been up to lately...

First, really loving the new baby.  He is super cute.  We almost fight over who gets to hold him.  Incidentally, it seems the baby really likes E the best.  My sister thinks its because she was closest to her belly so he recognizes her voice better than anyone else's.  I think its because little E just knows that he is going to have the biggest friend in big E to show him all the kid stuff as he grows.  My E has already pulled out a bunch more stuff she outgrew that she wants little E to have.  So sweet to see her as smitten as the rest of us.


On an E note, my E has been doing really well at school.  She had a fantastic Halloween.  She went as a cat this year.  I'll see if I can't throw up a pic.  There we go.  This is E as a black cat with a glow stick around her neck, on her head and wrists.  At one point in the night, she got tired of wearing the mask and tail, so one woman thought she was dressed as a glow stick.  :)

This is E at her first house.  We started trick or treating in the neighbourhood near her singing lesson once her lesson was done.  It just happened there was a little boy at this house whose parents decided to send him out with E.  We picked up his neighbourhood friends on the way and soon they were a gaggle(?) of costumed children going door to door to get their treats.  It was a fun night.  Not too cold and the rain held off until the kids were done.  Nice.

As for me, I am more than half way through my class.  I handed in my 2nd assignment last week.  It hasn't been returned yet.  We were assigned our 3rd paper yesterday.  I am pumped.  So far, it is the best topic yet!  The decline of the party system.  Can't wait to get started.  Our exam is scheduled a month from now.  Where has the time gone?

The other day, I received an email from one of the summer camps that E usually attends.  Due to its immense popularity, they will start the enrollment process in January.  So that got me thinking about other camps for E.

Next year, I am hoping to send E to her first ever sleep away camp.  The camp I have chosen for her started their registration in October!  I am first on the wait list for the 2 week period that works best for us.  The woman who collected my information said there was a pretty good chance E will get in since she is the first on the wait list and usually the first on the wait list does make it through.  That is nice to know so I can plan the rest of her fun-filled summer.

On an adoption note, one of the questions on the lengthy application asked if my child is adopted.  Next question was "does she know?".  E was with me while I was online filling out the application.  I turned to her and asked "do you know you are adopted?", we both laughed.  Who doesn't tell their kids they're adopted???  I suppose the better question is "why not?"...

We'll find out December 1st if E's registration will be accepted.  That's when returning campers who have not paid their deposit will forfeit their spot.  Here's hoping...

No comments: