Wednesday, February 18, 2009

skate day at E's school

I am so lucky that E attends a school that has a skating rink right next door. Her class goes skating every Wednesday. She has missed the first few skate days due to other events being scheduled the day her class is supposed to have their skate day and last Wednesday, I kept E home from school as she had a cold that was keeping her up at night. So today is E's first skate day. I can't wait to hear all about it.

I was hoping to have taken E out skating this past weekend but she still had her cold. And since yesterday, the cold has migrated from E to me. Hopefully we will both be well enough to get out this weekend.

As for her Valentine's party last Thursday, she had a great time. She brought home a beautifully decorated paper bag full of store bought and home made valentines, as well as some treats and gifts. The valentines pencils and erasers were my favourite. E loved the stickers.

On Valentine's Day, I gave her a Valentine's puzzle, a 5 page book of valentines stickers (what was I thinking!) and some Dora magnets. She has already mastered the puzzle. I think I am going to move her up to 100 piece puzzles. 48 piece puzzles hold little challenge for her now. I have always loved how E gravitates towards puzzles and books. I think this is one of the reasons she is as easy going as she is. E is very imaginative and can figure things out pretty quickly. I am looking forward to seeing her as a big sister.

No comments: