Saturday morning, we all had our Spanish class. E goes to a class with kids that are 4-6 and my parents and I attend a class at the local high school that is a stone's throw from E's school.
Since the class that my parents and I attend is a grade 9 class, there are tests, projects and exams. January 31st, we wrote our mid-term exam and this past Saturday, we received our report cards. Dad and I are doing really well. So far, I have a 98 average, dad has an 82 average and well mom isn't failing but she is not doing as well as dad and myself. Oddly enough, she is the teacher's pet though. Go figure.
Just before the mid-term, my parents and I got together almost every night for a week before the mid-term to study together. Last week, we got together again on Friday night to go over the homework together and study some more. This came out during our Spanish class last Saturday and now we have a new member for our study group who will be joining us this Friday.
I think this will actually be better for our study group, since mom and I tend to stray off topic a bit and start chatting about other things during study group time.
The teacher also asked how many of us will be moving to grade 10 Spanish next term. I mentioned how I didn't think I could do grade 10 Spanish since I overheard the kids in that class and they all speak Spanish really well. The teacher suggested that if there is enough interest, they will be offering an intermediate and advanced grade 10 Spanish next term. If that's the case, then it is likely that we will sign up again. We are really enjoying our Spanish class and I love that it is something that we all do on Saturday mornings.
No comments:
Post a Comment