Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Best of Class for the months of February/March

My E got an award this past Saturday at her Spanish school and she is featured in the newsletter with the other kids from the other grades that also received certificates for Best of Class. Originally, I thought all the JK kids got the certificate until I read the newsletter that showed that my E was the Best of Class for the JK class. I am so proud. She is such a good student both in JK and Spanish JK. Last week, her JK teacher sent home a note saying that E is doing so well that she does not need an interview with me unless I wanted one. So my daughter was one of the students that did not need a parent-teacher interview. I am not surprised though. E has come along so much. The teacher is still sending home Dolch books and now I don't even have to read them to E first as she already knows the words.

The Spanish school newsletter also reminded us that the Spanish Summer Camp will be running from July 6-August 8 and that there will be Latino Soccer for boys and girls aged 5-7 run by volunteers in Spanish starting Saturday, May 23rd. She is so thrilled that I will be signing her up for soccer and I am so thrilled that it will be another activity she gets to do in Spanish.


Waiting for E's sibling is turning out to be easier than I thought. We are filling up this time with lots of fun things to do. For instance, when E finishes school and before she starts her Spanish Summer Camp, I am going to take her to Canada's Wonderland. I haven't told her yet. I want it to be a surprise.

No comments: