Friday, April 24, 2009

I have a 5 year old...

I took a picture of E first thing this morning as she got up and literally jumped off her bed. She brought cupcakes in to school today and came home with a birthday crown.

I spent most of my day experimenting with sleep, drinking water and copious amounts of advil to try and figure out a way to put my cold at bay enough to help my dear little angel enjoy her day. I am so grateful for my family's help at making this a terrific family celebration. As it happened, I had ordered a cake from the bakery and decided to have pizza delivered so the actual party was pretty much an "on demand" affair. T brought balloons and we used leftover party favours from last year so it shaped up to be a pretty good party. This year, E received 3 board games as gifts so we all played one of those games after cake time. It was a fun time. I am so glad we are moving in to board game territory. For the last few months, we have been a card playing family and E has grasped the rules to Snap, Old Maid and Go Fish so it was time to introduce board games to the mix. I think I will ask E to pick a day so that we will definitely play board games on that day every week. It works well for library and pancake days (Thursdays and Sundays) so it will be nice to add another family fun weekly routine.

Tomorrow, we have Spanish and then E's birthday party with her friends from JK at McDonald's. The celebration continues...

No comments: