Sunday, May 3, 2009

school is almost over...

E's JK finishes in less than 2 months, but her Spanish class and our Spanish class are over even way before then. Mom, Dad and I have to get our rough drafts in to our Spanish teacher by Wednesday before we can begin to prepare our final project that must be presented to the class the week before the final exam (May 30). We each chose a country that we have been busy researching for the last few weeks. Mom chose Ecuador, Dad chose Bolivia and I chose Colombia. The project is a lot of fun and we are all learning so much about each other's countries.

E's school is celebrating El dia de las letras next week so our entire class will be contributing the pinata we created a couple of weeks ago and then attending the show the elementary classes are putting together. What fun we will have next week. E is to bring in a raincoat and rainboots. I suppose they are going to be singing a song about rain in Spanish. I must remember to bring my camera to record it.

E is registered for Spanish for the summer which is going to be way more intensive; Monday to Friday.. and she will have soccer in Spanish on Saturdays. Que divertido!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Kerri,
Where is E doing MOn-Fri Spanish classes? We'll be at the cottage for 4 or 5 weeks but I still have a few weeks of H's vacation to fill in...

Kerri said...

with the school board
M-F 9am-11:30, have signed her up for early morning drop off 8am-9am.

There is a school offering a "Los Amigos Summer Camp" in the afternoon for children that are 6yrs and up.