Wednesday, May 13, 2009

dishwasher and Dora

Today, L is going over to my house to install my dishwasher. I am super excited. I feel like a 50's housewife in a kitchen gadget commercial. Last night, I emptied the contents of the 2 cabinets where the dishwasher is set to go. I am so totally lacking in cupboard space, but I don't care. I desperately want a dishwasher. It's not just that I am spoiled (because, I admit it, I am), but I am tired of half my counter space being taken up by a dish rack. I need to free up space on my counter for my all important other kitchen gadget: the coffee maker.

I might have to make a big dinner tonight using every pot I have in order to run it, I am that excited.

Yesterday evening, E and I returned some items to the library and picked up others on hold. While there, the librarian mentioned that she received an email earlier that day indicating that Dora will be doing a reading at the main library Friday, May 29 in the morning. Unfortunately, E is in the morning program of JK but I divulged to the librarian and revealed the surprise to E that I already have tickets for us to go see the show that night.

I did tell the librarian that I would mention this to my friends who may have children available and interested in the library reading. She also mentioned that they will be doing a draw to win tickets to the show that weekend. So for those of you here in my town, this sounds like a pretty fun event. It is at 10:30am at the Main Library downtown for about a half hour on the 2nd level, no need to pre-register.

No comments: