Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday ramblings...

E was a little sleepy head that I had to tickle to wake up this morning. But once up, she was ready to take on the world. I have such a little go getter.

This afternoon, she had a dentist appointment that went super well. I love her new dentist. He and his wife adopted their son from Vietnam the same year that I adopted E. He also noticed that her 2 bottom teeth are starting to loosen and are likely to fall out in the next 3 months. How exciting. My little girl is growing up! :)

After the dentist appointment, we came home and decided to take advantage of the beautiful sunny weather. E mostly rode her bike while I dug up the front garden bed. I transplanted the poppies and daylilies that T and J gave me. Let's hope they take. The poppies worry me most. The daylilies are pretty easy to come by so even if they don't take, I can always get more. I have tried transplanting T's poppies before and they just did not like that at all. So, fingers crossed that the poppies will survive.

The next few days are going to be very sunny so I am going to try and do some gardening during the week. Our weekend is full with parties, visits and playdates. Well, one of each on each day. Lots of fun but muy occupado. And I still have my final project to do for Spanish class. Hmm...I may have to sacrifice my gardening time. I have some wildflower seeds that I will likely toss all across the front garden. My friends T and L did this several years ago and over the years, the stronger plants took over and now they have this gorgeous garden of perennial native plants. I would love that.

As you may have guessed from all my garden talk, my landscaping plans have taken a backseat. The roof is now a priority since the windstorm a couple of weeks ago. Some shingles at the back of my house were a little flaky before. Now they are almost completely liberated. I got 3 quotes and called the roofer who told me that it will be 6 weeks before they can get to me. So, again I have a house that overrides all I want to do with what it wants me to do.

No comments: