Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Friday!

Today is turning out to be much better than I thought it would be. I thought I was going to be like that guy in the commercial I saw on tv the other day. The one who calls his boss the day after having too much fun to say that he simply would not be productive and offers to stay home and come in the day after.

Well, even after sangria and margueritas last night, I am feeling terrific this morning. Last night was so much fun. The family supper thing was nice and then T and L capped off my night with margueritas. Additionally, they are looking for a housesitter at the end of August and I am already taking the end of the summer as holidays so E and I will be spending a week at their house. It wasn't hard for them to convince me. They have a pool and air conditioning. It is going to be awesome.

Tonight, the folks are coming over and we are going to finish up our Spanish homework. Tomorrow night, I am getting together with N and A and we are going to continue the birthday celebrations as N's birthday is on the 10th. And it doesn't end there. Next weekend, I get to see S and C to celebrate all 3 of our birthdays. J's birthday is this Monday so it is quite the birthday month. Lots of cake. My poor waistline is showing its birthday bulge. ;)

As for an adoption update...well, there is really very little to talk about. My file continues to collect dust in the lawyer's office but it seems that other files are collecting dust at the TUA as well. So I am not alone at wondering if this process is even going to pan out. E overheard me talking about this very real scenario with a friend so I sat down with her and explained that we might not be able to get her a sibling. Of course she was disappointed (so am I), but this way, if the process is successful, we will both be happy. But if it isn't, we won't be too disappointed as I am already preparing us for this possibility.

No comments: