E had such a great day today. W threw a terrific 6 year old birthday party for her little E and gave all the kids a gift in lieu of a loot bag. What an excellent idea! :)
While E was at the birthday party, I was able to visit with my neighbour. The time just flew by as Mrs. F is such a wonderful conversationalist. I am so lucky to have such a good friend in her. Weeks and regrettably, months sometimes too, can pass without us seeing each other but when we do, it's like no time has passed at all. She is one amazing woman.
All day, the weather was stormy then not, stormy then not. My house lost power briefly so my answering machine was not working while E was at the party and I was visiting next door so I didn't know if E's coaches had called to cancel soccer. I tried calling one of her coaches but he tried to reach the other two. I didn't hear back but figured that, even if it was not raining, the field would be so wet, it would be miserable to play soccer with all the slipping and sliding that would likely occur. So I tried to take a nap instead.
No dice. E was too hyped up from her fun day to let me sleep or take a nap herself. This was a child I had to tickle awake all week, sometimes repetitively in the same morning, but today she was up before 6am. I was tired, but she was wired.
We did some laundry, had supper then went out for slurpees as an after supper treat. Good day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment