there was a day 2 days ago that was a perfect summer day. The day was bright, the sun was warm, the flowers were in full bloom. That was a nice day. I wish I had been able to capture that day in a picture as it seems like it will be the last true to form summer day for awhile. We have about a week of rain in the forecast. It reminds me of an email joke I received today which showed a mock forecast that said many funny things including percentage of precipitation on days at 400%. I actually don't mind the rain so much. It keeps the lawn green and the house comfortable. We don't have air conditioning in the house so heatwaves can be a little sauna-like on the 2nd floor.
Well, there may be some sun on Saturday which would be nice. E has soccer. Last week, it started raining halfway through her soccer time and they kept playing. My brother-in-law said that they would keep playing unless there was thunder and lightening. Good to know. It's been so long since I was a kid playing soccer, I didn't remember playing in the rain. But I probably did and just was happy to be playing. Just like E.
She is such a great kid. Today, she did such a great job cleaning her room. With the bankruptcy of the agency last week, I was not as good at reminding her to pick up after herself so over the last week and a half, her room took on a whole new look, and not the appealing kind. Between the two of us, we organized her bookshelf a whole lot better and put away toys and puzzles and games that normally do have a place, but not so much lately. There is a bit of a problem that we discovered. E has too many books and too many toys. She is really good about putting clothes that don't fit her in to a "too small" bag. We are going to start a box for books and toys she has outgrown too.
Originally, I wanted to save all those clothes and books and toys for her siblings, but that's just an excuse to allow clutter and my house just isn't big enough. We all function better in a clutter-less world. So the decluttering begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment