Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2006 and 2008

These are the years that I am hoping my future child or children will be born. If it is one, I hope that it is a boy. If it is two, I hope that they will be a girl and a boy with the boy having been born in 2008 and the girl in 2006. This way, there will be a 2 year difference between all kids, hopefully less competition amongst them, but still close enough in age to relate to each other.

When I applied in November 2007 for a sibling for E, I had asked and was approved provincially for one or two children under 2.

But we are now almost 2 years since I had begun that process (when E was 3 years old, she is now 5) and it is likely that she may be 6 or 7 before her siblings join our family. It is important to me that her sibs join at an age that would be more suited to all of them getting along.

I am not sure if I can even ask for specific years of birth. People seem more concerned with age at adoption, but I would like to space my kids 2 years apart so I am starting with E's year of birth: 2004.

I get such a kick out of all the girl stuff in our house, I am anxious to start filling it with boy stuff too. E wants both a brother and a sister. These days, she mostly talks about a sister though so that's why I would prefer that the girl be closer to E's age.

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

That's exciting!! Are you approved to adopt two at once?