Last week, after mailing off the last of the medical portion of my Peru application, I booked a great last minute fare to Cuba that left the very next day. At 3pm Friday, we were set to leave for Varadero exactly 24 hours later. It was a terrific getaway to celebrate the end of the paperchasing. E has been a real trouper through this whole adoption upheavel. Even though she has some exasperation, she is good about checking in and then leaving it alone.
E - "mommy, when is my brother or sister really going to come?"
Me - "One day, E. I know its been a long time but these things take a long time."
And that is pretty much the end of it. She is a very patient and easy-going child but I can't deny that this new process hasn't taken a bit of a toll on her. Did I mention the needles?
No comments:
Post a Comment