Sunday, October 4, 2009

getting back on track

So, yesterday marked a return to Spanish for both E and myself after a couple of weeks away and only having had the one class prior. For E, it meant a promotion from the general kindergarten class to an SK class. She now has a new teacher who speaks very little english which means more Spanish for E, yippee! For me, my class also marks a significant increase in Spanish content as the majority of students are native Spanish speakers. It's a little intimidating, but I hope it will inspire me to learn more.

After Spanish class, E had a birthday party to attend for M, one of her oldest and dearest friends. They have been friends since being classmates in preschool and JK. Even though they are not in the same SK class, they are still friends. It was so cute to see their joyful reunion at M's birthday party.

After M's party, E had her latino soccer so it made for a pretty busy day.

Afterwards, my sister and I chopped up a bunch of veggies and started up a double batch of my friend Mrs F's famous relish. Today, we canned it. Sadly, it took longer than we planned and so E and I missed out on the latino festival taking place near our house today. I had promised her that we would have supper there tonight but supper was late for us as we were boiling, sterilizing and canning for most of the day. Considering her double dose of Spanish yesterday in the morning and afternoon, every Saturday is a celebration of latino culture. I will be sure to step up the Spanish music in the car and Spanish books and movies at home this week to attempt to make up for my oversight today.

No comments: