Friday, December 25, 2009

Feliz Navidad!

Christmas was great! E had a blast. Santa came. Today was E's perfect day.

For myself, I now get why chocolate is such a big part of Christmas. Between it and my bottomless cup o' joe, it is what kept me going. My arsenal also included scissors, a screwdriver and batteries nestled snugly into the deep pockets of my new housecoat to be whisked out each time a new item was thrust at me to open, assemble or juice up. This will be my Christmas for the next few years. Who needs sleep when there is a magical Christmas to deliver?... :)

I loved T and L's Christmas Eve party and so did E. Even though we left early enough, it still made it impossible for me to get to bed before 2 and wouldn't you know it, my little angel woke at the crack of dawn. I am so very thankful for all the chocolate I found under the tree this morning. It was a veritable cocoa buffet. :)

Speaking of great gifts... my new Christmas housecoat is the best. It is super soft and has these really deep pockets that practically swallow my whole arm. Those pockets came in very handy for all the little tools and chocolates, they should really sell them that way.

But the biggest gift of all, was E's shining face. I would happily sacrifice a thousand sleeps to see her so full of joy and wonderment at the true spoils of Christmas. It put her in such a happy place that she wanted to make gifts for everyone. At my parents' house tonight, she surprised everyone with necklaces and cards that she made today. I knew something was up when she disappeared into her room this afternoon and asked me not to come in as she was working on a surprise. I did not expect this at such a young age. I figured it would be a few more years before she would arrive at spontaneous acts of generosity, but here it is. 5 years old and she wanted to give a gift so she too could feel the joy of giving. She was so very proud of herself and woudn't let me see the gifts until we arrived at her abuelos. It was a perfect day.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and that it was both peaceful and full of love.

Felicidades!

No comments: