It has been an interesting week, health wise, but nothing serious.
We took a trip down to Syracuse early last week. We all shared a cold virus on the way down which took hold the 2nd day into our trip. I almost felt like apologizing to the customs agent on the way back, we had less than half the individual limit for our collective purchases. It became a desperate effort at the end when we stopped at the duty free shop before crossing the border and that only yielded a bottle of Bailey's still sitting unopened inside the bag near the front door.
Upon our return from Syracuse, an ear infection moved in to my right ear. At first, I figured the blocked up feeling I had 2 days earlier was due to my cold. Upon reflection, I think the soak in the hot tub with the boiling bubbles bouncing up to my face was what did me in. The bright side is now I don't think that the cold was so bad.
The ear infection has been a nightmare. I went to the doctor and was prescribed an antibiotic and a pain killer. New Year's Night, I was looking forward to some decent amount of sleep, but instead, the constant itching kept me awake. My sister took E the following day and E had a sleepover so she was thrilled. I finally got a few naps in and they did the trick. I am still blocked up but feeling marginally better than before. I am also storing this memory for future reference: hot compresses work wonders, sit upright and drink hot fluids. E has already adapted to going to my left ear to ask me something.
Yesterday, E asked if she has ever had an ear infection. At that moment, I happily replied to her that she has not had an ear infection. Lucky kid! But in case she, or any of her future siblings do, I now know what to do to keep the pain at bay. Ear infections are painful, but they, like almost everything else, do pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment