Monday, January 18, 2010

making bread

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a breadmaker with my HBC points. Well, it has arrived and is currently sitting on my kitchen counter making the basic white bread that is the first recipe in the book that came with it. E and I are both very excited. After adding all the ingredients, which took less than 5 minutes, we have spent more than that amount of time watching the dough get kneaded then sit. We did her french homework, then went to watch the dough. We read a story, then went to watch the dough again. E went to brush her teeth and then again to watch the dough.

Speaking of E's teeth and dough, it won't be long before the two shall intertwine. E's bottom tooth has been loose for awhile but today, it is really moving. I am pretty sure it will fall out tomorrow. Tonight we talked about the tooth fairy. I told her that she will leave her tooth under her pillow and then, while she is sleeping, the tooth fairy will come and take it and leave her some money. E asked me how much money the tooth fairy will leave. I told her that I am not sure. I think it's a dollar. We are going to the library tomorrow so she can pick out a book about the tooth fairy. I can't believe my little girl is about to lose a tooth!

No comments: