Did I mention that there has been a countdown going on for the last couple of weeks?..
Well, today, we reached the '5 more days' portion and the excitement is building.
At my end, I have all the loot bags done, the piƱatas filled and E's birthday card made. Since she will be turning 6, I have included this poem by Alan Alexander Milne:
The End
When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three,
I was hardly Me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
E heard this poem yesterday as we attended another birthday party where there was a 6 year old and since the poem was fresh on my mind, I recited it for all the interested children. E was fascinated and I am sure she will enjoy seeing it on her card. It is a very special poem for a 6 year old.
S threw a fantastic birthday party and played all kinds of fun games with the kids. E really liked the treasure hunt where each kid was allowed to find 3 treasures and then return to the living room. Once each kid had their 3 treasures, they were allowed to open them up to find each treasure contained $1. S indicated that in lieu of loot bags, she figured she would give each kid $3. E was delighted, it went straight into her Winnie the Pooh bank when we got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment