It turns out I am not a good guesser at how much candy would go in to a piñata. I picked up 4 bags of "Easter Basket Filler" which is almost identical to the "Piñata Filler" except it doesn't have any of the little plastic toys (including guns, which I would pull out anyways. Since the kids are getting toys in their loot bags, they are kind of unnecessary in the piñata). The Easter bag was less than half the cost of the piñata bag and they have exact same candies. To top it off, the expiry date was better on the Easter bag! Anyway, after pulling out all the bubble gum (another restriction in our house), I still had candy leftover. And that is after one bag. So, I have decided that I will "top off" all the kids bags of candy after the piñata string pull (no whacking, we're dealing with small children).
Actually, I just had a thought, E still has her Elmo piñata from her 4 year old birthday party. I think I will fill it up and we will have 2 piñatas! So glad I'm blogging. It makes me think about what I am doing and here it helped me figure out a way to use up some more candy and reduce the crowding around one piñata. Excelente!
So, tonight, I will fix up her Elmo piñata, reattach the strings, fill it and add it to the party box. Candy issue resolved. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment