Wednesday, June 30, 2010

last day of June

When I started E's allowance in January, I told her that she would collect her allowance for 6 months, then deposit half of it in her bank account. At the end of June, she can take the other half and spend it however she wants. Near the end of December, she will donate half however she chooses. Well, we have reached the 6 month mark and today is the day she decides what she wants. After work, there is a trip to Toys R Us planned.

Yesterday, I took her to deposit her half. Since tomorrow is a holiday, I figured the banks would be busy tonight. Interestingly, E was more excited about the sticker the bank clerk gave to her than her actual passbook update. After the bank visit, we went to the library. E joined the summer reading club where they gave her a poster, stickers and an activity book where she gets to keep track of all the books she reads this summer the same way she did at school. She writes them down on a list and then brings it in with her when we go to the libary so they can keep track of how many books the kids read. If the kids collectively read 4000 books, the librarians will dress up as monkeys!

Here is the link for the summer reading club.

No comments: