Wednesday, July 28, 2010

good times all around

So last weekend was fun. E spent time with her tia T and her tio J. She also got to go to the Children's museum. I got to see a few friends that I haven't seen in awhile: A & M on Friday night with a couple more of their friends and then again on Sunday night, I went over to S and C's for a super yummy supper of which C gave me some leftovers for lunch; deliciousness two days in a row! :)

E's lunchbox has been getting more and more creative. I am still so very pleased that the container helps me to give her much variety in her lunch. Lately, E's lunches have been at least half full of food from our garden. Our cucumbers and tomatoes are doing really well, so E has been getting cuke sandwiches with grape tomato snacks. Our raspberry patch is almost done, but we have still been managing to get enough for the occasional snack. I have switched out her bottle of water for strawberry milk. It turns out she can get water from the school fountain so it is destiny telling me to give E another source of calcium. She is only eating her baby queso half the time and recently she told me that it is because she prefers the red ones. Note to self: stop buying the yellow baby quesos. I try not to give her too much waste in her lunch, but want to give her something from every food group. So I am really glad I can freeze her milk instead of throwing in the babybels so I can meet the calcium requirement and we can get back to giving her a waste-free lunch.

This summer day camp has been great on so many levels: E LOVES it, I love that it gives her good practice for full time school in the fall, it gives me practice at finding the perfect balance when making her lunches and even though I already said it, E so totally LOVES it. Yesterday, they made papier maché volcanoes. Today, they are going to decorate them then make them erupt. I heard a whole lot of "do you know what's" yesterday all about these volcanoes. I also spent some time cutting papier maché paste out of E's hair. The fun never ends. ;)

No comments: