Friday, July 30, 2010

me, muscle woman

me, tired.

Yesterday, after E and I got back from the library, I started moving furniture...by m.y.s.e.l.f.

Well, I have to tell you, what started out as 'let's just get a few of these boxes moved out of the way' turned into 'while I'm at it, how about moving some of that furniture out'. E was long passed out in her room. She gets to do so much at her day camp: brainy stuff in the morning, crafts and play in the afternoon, that she is pretty wiped by the end of the day.

So between 8 and 11pm, I was an ox. I moved so much stuff. Big stuff. Of course, I got a little resourceful and shimmied some onto carpets that I dragged to where I wanted them. But man oh man, I moved a lot. Today I am tired but still so very pleased that I got as much done as I did. It will make the weekend go faster to get a little done each day instead of all of it at once. I am not a fan of moving, but I am looking forward to the massive purging that will be done.

There are things that I have decided 'we just ain't moving'. E has been put on alert, she can only move 20 of her toys, the rest will be donated. I did tell her she gets to pick where they can go and thought I would need to give her a list, but instantly, she came up with Haiti. Nice, she is clearly not going to be as distraught as I thought about giving away her toys. My little girl has inspired me and I will be sending along some of my surplus items along with hers. Now to price containers...

No comments: