Tuesday, August 3, 2010

last week of Spanish day camp

Yesterday, E and I started making her cards for her Spanish teacher, her 2 afternoon camp counsellors and her morning drop off teacher. Incidentally, for those of you that may be interested, "dakujem" (the "j" is pronounced like a "y") is Slovak for thank you.

This morning, on the way to her day camp, E asked me if she could take a Chinese class. She wants to learn Chinese because 2 of her friends in her afternoon LTPA day camp are in the Mandarin class. I told her that if she can speak Spanish fluently next year, I will sign her up for Chinese next summer.

Sometime this week, there will be a show at E's school. They are rehearsing a play for their portion of the show. Last year, the show was amazing. There are more than 6 languages being taught and each class did something interesting. Some put on a dance, some recited a poem, but most of the classes sang a song in their language. Last year, E's class sang La Bamba (or maybe it was La Cucaracha, she has sung each of them: one at her Saturday Spanish class and the other at Summer Spanish day camp). Both were really cute! I am really looking forward to her show this week.

Our weekend was busy with moving and a playdate/BBQ but all in all in was a productive and fun weekend. We are still not done moving, but thankfully, we have time on our side and we are not in a big hurry to get it all done. E has been struggling a bit with what toys she wants to keep and which ones to donate. Her pile to keep has included all but 2 toys so far. I think I am going to have to help her purge. We have next weekend for that even though she has a tentative playdate. I may purge for her while she is over at Z's house if we can't sort through what she really wants this week.

Let's hope that E has a penchant for purging this week...

No comments: