Wednesday, August 4, 2010

2 more days of Spanish day camp

E was up early this morning, decorating her thank you cards. When she went back to her room to get dressed, she started coughing really hard and threw up. After cleaning her and the carpet, I had her lie down for a minute to be sure it was just the coughing and nothing else that gave me a not so fun little job this morning. After a half hour of E moving around pretty non-sick-like, I figured she had coughed herself sick and was good enough to go in to school.

E was disappointed that she missed her early morning drop off (the kids from all the various programs play together in the gym) but I did manage to get her there in time for the start of her Spanish class. The teacher had started playing some fun Spanish music so E was pretty excited to get in to class straight away.

Last night, I packed a super charged lunch for her. After this morning, she will need it. She has a butter and strawberry jam sandwich, strawberry milk, trail mix, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cheese and a plum. My mom was not so impressed with the butter and strawberry jam sandwich, but this is what my girl likes and on a day that she starts in a less than desirable way, she deserves a sandwich that doubles as a treat. Besides, E is growing so fast lately, she needs the fat and the energy boost.

No comments: