Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Congratulations A!

Yesterday, I heard some wonderful news from my friend A. She is back home with her beautiful baby girl. A and I both adopted our first children at the same time. Even though I am nowhere close to my second adoption, it makes my heart glad to know that A has completed hers. I love good news! Can't hardly wait to meet the gorgeous little L!! :)

I say that, and I mean it, but our visit will have to wait a couple of weeks. It is just as A says, we have this great friendship that can pick up where it leaves off, even several months later. I have a few friendships like that and it occurs to me that those friendships exist because of the understanding among us that our children's itineraries supersede our own. The one day A has available happens to be the one where we are busy the next couple of weeks. Sigh. But we do have a date after then already entered in my calendar.

Speaking of schedules, E has a pd day this Friday so I have signed her up for the gingerbread modeling class for that email I forwarded yesterday. Just saying, in case your kids are looking for something to do where they'll know a familiar face. :) For those of you who didn't get my email, you should check out living social. It is a great site for deals.. and ideas of things to do, apparently. Yesterday, I received an email about a children's art studio and this is where E will be going. Yes, I am reliving my childhood through my daughter. And if there was ever any doubt, you should have seen me in my living room a couple of nights ago playing with one of her Christmas toys, for over an hour. Well somebody is going to have to explain how to use them. ;)

No comments: