Friday, November 19, 2010

The hills are alive

with the sound of music...
in our house, in our car, at the grocery store...

This is E's latest fave film. "Maria" and "Do-Re-Mi" have taken the places of "Honey Honey" and "Mamma Mia." I think I have a budding broadway star in my midst.

Things have been good here lately. We have a fantastic new social worker helping us with this second adoption. As some of you already know, my previous social worker, although fantastic in his own right, is on sabbatical. Our psychologist is amazing and had her updated report completed in record time and the glorious A is currently working on the translations. All good things.

In fact, things were going so well, I joined my folks on a spontaneous trip "state-side" last week. I had done all I could do to keep my file alive...again. I needed a break. E needed a break. I find the hoops to be exhausting, but at least they keep me busy. For E, she is going about her life talking about a sibling that has yet to appear.

I have this blog that keeps questions down for me, but E is fielding questions from her JK and SK teachers who both expected that E's sibling would be here by now. I haven't said anything to her grade 1 teacher yet and now I am starting to think that maybe I shouldn't have said anything to E as we are past the 3 year mark that we have been trying to get her a sibling.

There's nothing I can do about that now, so onwards and upwards. Or downwards as the case may be; we headed south. Not super south, but a good 8 hour drive that E managed quite well with only about a dozen "are we there yets". We met up with my folks who had left a couple of days before us. We enjoyed the hotels, the dining out, the lack of chores and homework, except for Dad. He brought his Spanish homework.

He is such a keener! :P

The teacher gave him extra marks for his presentation last week.

It was epic!

I wrote 20 sentences about myself, as required. Dad wrote a book! Between him and E, I should have the company of a couple of wonderful translators when we go to South America.

No comments: