Tuesday, February 1, 2011

getting ready

As some of you already know, I have been preparing for this next adoption for some time. There is quite a collection of books, clothes and toys growing exponentially in little piles around my house. Now, I don't know when I will receive my referral or even how many children I will be referred, but I have been planning for a girl born in 2006 and a boy born in 2008.

I have boy toys and girl toys and they all fill up one medium sized suitcase. In fact, I couldn't even fit them all in, so they will be moved to a large tote. They will all come to South America regardless of my referral. In fact, I have also decided that we will make a trip to South America regardless of a referral anyway. It will be 4 years since E joined the family this month so it would be a nice time to visit her birthplace and say hello to the folks who helped look after her before we went to get her. So, one way or the other, we will be making a trip down south in the next few months.

Even though the kids books we have don't take up a lot of space, they are heavy, so I will be sending them down ahead of time. If those get there ok, I may decide to send some more items ahead of when we go.

I have not booked E for any day camps as this is the year we will go. How is that for determinism? :)

No comments: