Friday, March 4, 2011

TGIF

Even though our week was a good one, it was also a tiring one. It is so great that the weekend is almost here. Yoga was 90 minutes but felt for 48 hours...

Tonight, E has her dance class. It will be a 2 hour class as there are now 3 dances that E is scheduled to perform. I have picked up a pound of strawberries and will wash and slice them for what will likely be a much needed snack between dances. In addition to the strawberries, I will bring a box of chocs so that the kids get a dose of sugar after the first dance practice, then a bigger dose of sweetness after the second dance practice.

Tomorrow, I am going to suggest to E that we start our opposite day after her piano lesson. That way, we will have a full 24 hours to pull it off. I am mostly going to let her take the lead on the opposites. That's right, she is getting permission to be contrary. But I am going to sneak in a couple of tricks of my own.

For instance, I am going to start calling her mom once we get home. I am more than a little curious to see how she will reflect her view of me when she assumes my role and to also see what E views as opposites to the routines she does every day. For some, it is pretty obvious, breakfast becomes dinner and vice versa, but we still don't know how to oppositify lunch. We may need to draw up a manifesto...

No comments: