The last few days have been dance, dance, dance. E's dance class is getting ready for a show. The dresses arrived from Lima last week and all the kids got theirs on Friday. The dress rehearsal was on Saturday. I wish I had been more on top of things when they talked about ordering the dresses for the kids, as E's dress is about 4 sizes too big for her. I pinned it for the dress rehearsal on Saturday, but brought it to a dressmaker for alterations yesterday. The outer skirt needs to be lifted 6 inches. The second skirt needs 4-6 darts. Thankfully, the first skirt has an elastic waist so that didn't need changing. The belt that goes around the whole thing is also 8 inches too long so the seamstress is going to add another long velcro strap to allow it to wrap around twice. Like most little girls, my E has a very tiny waist.
Here is a pic of E in her oversized Marinera dress. She is the little princess wearing mint green:
No comments:
Post a Comment