
I put this on E's white board and will put the agenda for her party on the chalkboard side of her easel.
Last night, T and I attached the arms to the piñata. We will attach the head tonight and Wednesday cover the whole thing in another layer of papier maché. I know, it's overkill, but this piñata is big and heavy so it needs reinforcement.
It will likely be the only piñata as one of the big balloons collapsed so goodbye easter egg piñata. I am not too worried though as this is a large piñata and I have learned a thing or two about piñatas in the last 4 years.
First, I will put some crêpe paper between the layers of candy so that the fallout will be more evenly distributed and not land all in one clump. Second, I will keep a separate bag of candy on hand to fill up the smaller kids collections and third, well there really is no third. These are my 2 big lessons of piñata busting of years past. They go hand in hand with the stuff I already know: give each kid a bag with their name on it.
Speaking of that, last night, I attached the kids names to little decorative easter eggs that will go on each of their baskets. Initially, I though they could use their easter baskets for the candy, but have since changed my mind. The egg hunt will likely involve running which means candy will be littered all over the yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment