I forgot to include the piñata update. There is a colleague at my work who indulges my talk of it and might just be checking the blog for the continuing saga of the bunny piñata. So here it is:
The entire body is assembled, ears and all. The big belly is full of candy and crepe paper. I have an almost equal amount of candy set aside to fill up the smaller kids' bags who may not be as aggressive as the bigger ones in filling up their baggies.
J cut a trapdoor in the seat of the bunny using a hand held circular saw. The Bunny is that strong. But a pail of water, or a rainy day, could make a quick mess of that sturdiness. My sister and I talked about sitting it on one of E's swings instead of suspending it with rope from her playstructure. It is really heavy. The kids could just pull on the ribbons from beneath its perch on the swing and swoop down once the trap door releases its goodies. It is probably safer that way. Would hate to be the parent responsible for a piñata concussion if the Bunny ever let gravity get the best of it. Yikes!
Last night, I wrote the agenda for E's party on the chalkboard side of her easel. I am glad it is a 3 hour party. I had no trouble scheduling all the activities we have planned. In the past, we have had to sacrifice games. And what a shame that was; what kid doesn't like a good game or two, or in our case, three?!~ :)
I also assembled the loot bags yesterday. E is hoping some kids won't show up so she can get one. Nice, eh?! They are not that fancy, just Easter stationary and a kinder egg, an easter cream egg and some HM eggs. That just prompted me to check about peanut allergies. One of E's school mates has a peanut allergy. She can have the kinder egg but not the easter creme egg, it "may contain nuts". It's a good thing those loot bags will be handed out upon departure so we needn't worry about her feeling left out. Or maybe I'll leave it in and just let P's parents know. Actually, I think I'll email P's mom and ask her what she would prefer. Once again, blogging helps to figure stuff out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment