Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I have a 7 year old! well, now 7y3d. ;)





These 4 pics were taken on Sunday. The day after the big partay. And what a party it was! Everyone seemed to have a good time. One little girl proclaimed it was "the best party ever", like all parties should be. :)

My sister was a huge help and did a fantastic job getting the eggs out in the backyard for a very exciting discovery by the kids who all competed with who noticed them first when they looked out the window after I asked "has anyone looked outside?". I wish I had snapped a picture then as the kids faces were so full of joy and the backyard was a beautiful mosaic of colour with the eggs strewn all over.
The piñata held up well, a little too well, the candy got jammed so my sister reached in to pull it all out while I held it above the kids.

It really helped to have an agenda as it kept us on track and we got to do pretty much all we had planned. We only removed one item as it was still a little wet to venture outside. But by 4, the sun had come out and the outdoor fun was allowed to stay on course.

E enjoyed having her friends over for a giant play date/party. When I asked what was her favourite part, she said the presents. What a kid! :) I gave her the Pokemon stuff I got off of ebay, she was thrilled and played with it all morning Sunday, most of Monday and I caught her taking her cards in to school on Tuesday.

We took her to see Hop on Sunday afternoon and she chose Lone Star for supper on Sunday night. We played a game she got for her birthday Sunday night as she got to stay up late as one is wont to do when they are excited and it is their special day. She had a pretty good party and an awesome birthday.

p.s. the bottom pic shows the template for the bunny piñata (I took it from another blog). So with that being my inspiration, sometime soon, I will post the step by step for how we went about making ours.

No comments: