Yes, the agenda will be changed. The forecast for Saturday, the day of the big event, is not looking good for an outdoor party.
Em's birthday agenda will include the Peter Cottontail movie. That should chew up 90 minutes. There will still be a couple of games: pass the confetti egg and tape the cotton tail on the bunny. And of course, hot dogs and chips, cake and jelly beans that will occupy the munchies portion...in addition to the popcorn for the pelicula.
If there is a break in the weather, the kids will be sent outside for their egg hunt and the piñata. If it is clear when they arrive but is clouding over, the egg hunt and piñata could very well be the very first things they do. If not, and the rain is constant, then the piñata will be suspended from a pole over the living room floor. I may just put all the eggs all over the floor in the living and dining rooms and have the kids put as many as they can in their baskets as soon as they arrive. But we'll see. E has asked when I am going to change the chalkboard version of the agenda. I said I will revisit it on Saturday morning. The weather forecast may change, again.
I have been checking the forecast every day for the last week and a bit. It has vacillated greatly, but the rain bit has never wavered. I'm just hoping it won't rain the whole day. Keeping fingers, toes, arms and legs all crossed tight!
As for the adoption update, I have contacted my translator, she will provide her credentials. Thankfully, she is certified so it shouldn't be a problem. I have an appointment with my lawyer on Tuesday. I will bring everything to DFAIT first and then the Peruvian Embassy on Wednesday morning. Just as soon as the Peruvian Embassy returns the document, I will send it off to Peru...hopefully, this time next week.
Keeping all my body parts crossed for getting this latest piece of paperwork done.
To end on a fun note, the piñata is almost done. T and I worked on it last night and have about half of the front covered in tissue the old fashioned way: wrapping a small piece of tissue around the end of a pencil then dipping it in glue and placing the tissue on the piñata. It is more time-consuming than "frilling" the tissue that gets glued on in strips. To save us some time as we are getting really close to the big day, it is likely that the back and underside will be done the "frilling" way but we will finish the front the poofy way as it gives it a more bunny-like appearance. T has been taking pics mid process, and we will definitely have a pic of the finished product. Coming soon==>I will post it all up here on the blog with maybe a step by step in case anyone lands on the blog looking for a "how to make a bunny piñata".
No comments:
Post a Comment