Tuesday, April 19, 2011

MIMDES/SNA and I are going steady

That’s right, we've reached a new crescendo in our relationship. I am no longer being threatened at having my file closed. No way Jose. We’re serious now.

Last night, I got word that I need to submit more documentation. Yes, more trees must die, more time invested, more gas expended, more money exchanging hands, more of the same that really changes nothing but my father’s faith in a system that cooperates with another country’s government but not enough to trust it to do its part in an international process. That is a good enough reason for frustration, but for me, it goes deeper and hits me where my mind hurts: My 2nd adoption is becoming its own never-ending machine.

The environmentalist in me is rolling her eyes big time. The mother that I am cries for the perpetual delay that makes for a failing promise to my daughter and the child(ren) that should have a family.

But there is a break through, Instead of closing my file, the salutation went something like ‘if you don’t submit this, we will not officially recognize you’. Oh how sweet it is! I am moving up from outright rejection to casual dismissal.

So here is an adoption update, MIMDES and I are evolving hopefully toward a healthier relationship.

No comments: