Saturday, E and I decorated the confetti eggs. This prompted a slight change in plans for the big day: we will pre-dye the eggs and the kids can apply the stickers when they arrive. I am nervous about paint splatter and do not want to be remembered as the parent who let the kids stain their clothes at E's birthday party. yes, we experienced some spray while doing the confetti eggs.
T and I added the legs to the bunny piñata. Another layer of papier maché. It's a good thing we are putting a trap door on it with ribbons to open it as I am sure it would take heavy machinery to break open this piñata by the time we are done with it! Already, I had to make a hole in the back of the body and littler holes in the top of the legs to string them to each other beforehand and that was a bit of muscle work on my part. J brought out a power tool at one point. :P
It really did take some effort to saw open sections of the piñata, especially the ones E did (she used LOTS of paste). Note: whole wheat flour paste is extra strong. We are using white flour going forward.
• Tonight we are going to reinforce the back of the legs.
• Wednesday, we are going to add the arms.
• Friday, the head goes on.
• Next Sunday, we should be ready to decorate it.
T snapped a pic on Saturday. So I do hope to get some pics posted soon.
Yesterday, I found an Internet site that has Easter word searches in English, French and Spanish. I printed one of each and their varying degrees of difficulty (easy, intermediate and advanced) and passed them along to the fiesta CIO for her feedback. Pending her review, I will make copies of the successful contender.
So when the kids arrive, they can work on Easter word searches, stickerizing hard boiled eggs and doing foam crafts (not that fancy, just large Easter shapes with smaller Easter foam stickers to stick on them - Dollar Store stuff).
No comments:
Post a Comment