Here we go, back on the bloggy train. First, let's start with the good news. I picked up my baby last week:

Such a beautiful car! Both E and I are in love!! :) One of my favourite things is that I can be heard saying things like I said last night when we got home from E's gymnastics: "E, go inside and get ready for bed while I plug in the car." PLUG IN THE CAR!!!! :D
We have had this car for 10 days so far. It has been 2 weeks since I have been to a gas station. I am so very much in love!
Car loving is good news #1. Good news #2 was our amazing visit to South America. It was such a treat to visit E's orphanage. One of these days, I'll post more pics to the donation/travel blog found here: svporphanagedonations.blogspot.com.
Now, onto the bad news...
Our primary reasons for our summer trip to South America were to show E where she is from and also to show our tremendous gratitude to the caring nuns and other staff at her orphanage. Since we were there, we also decided to make a little side trip to Lima to hand deliver a document that my agency never confirmed was sent.
So, a few weeks ago, my parents, E and I made a special trip to the SNA in Miraflores to drop off an excellent letter attesting to the credentials of my translator (she used to translate for Colombian adoptions before coming to Canada) along with her certification as an official translator. We arrived at just the moment when everyone was on lunch, go figure. :P The only person we could talk to was a guard who promised to pass along the envelope. I wrote my email adress on the envelope but heard nothing.
Nothing until yesterday. Last night, my agency called to say that my file has been closed.
AGAIN!
Sad? Confused? Numb...yeah, numb. That's what I am right now. My heart hangs heavy for my little E. She has been the one with the most hope. Kids are so hopeful. It pains me to think that she may lose some of that hopefulness because of this. I am trying hard not to talk about it too much in front of her. It is just so disheartening. But here we are again and I am trying to decide just how much rejection I am willing to take.
No comments:
Post a Comment