Friday, October 7, 2011

xm radio

One of the many things to love about our new car is the free trial of sirius radio. I really like the Caliente and Alt stations.

Whenever E is in the car, we listen to Radio Disney. Last week, E was singing along to one of her favourite Taylor Swift songs and asked if I could bring up the lyrics on the lcd screen. Now what a great idea that is. Clicking on the menu button does not give the option to display the lyrics, but it should...how hard would that be really? A little piece of software to retrieve lyrics based on what song title and artist is already displayed. C'mon Sirius, if a 7 year old can envision it, surely someone in your shop can make it happen..

Speaking of Disney..as anyone who knows us already knows, I will be taking E to Disney World for her 8yo birthday. For years now, I have told E that we would not go to Disney before getting her a sibling as I didn't want her to have that experience before her sibs. However, since this second adoption is turning out to take longer than I ever imagined, I cannot keep withholding something that I had promised her would arrive much sooner than this. So, I gave her a choice for her 8yo bday: a party or Disney.

Naturally, E chose Disney. I have asked her not to talk about it as it is still so many months away, but she is 7 and cannot help herself. Everyone who knows us already knows that E will be spending her special day at the Magic Kingdom. I am hoping to book her bday dinner at the Royal Table. L has already shared some fantastic Disney tips with us. L and her family did Disney recently.

I have begun Disney planning. I borrowed a bunch of Disney books from the library. We ordered 3 day Disney passes with our Air Miles. So this may turn into a Disney blog along with a Volt blog too. :)

No comments: