It's so hard to believe that the holidays have come and gone. We had such a relaxing and beautiful time with our friends and family. Santa was really good to E as she has been an exceptionally good girl. And I spoiled her a little bit too. ;)
Yesterday, E lost another tooth. The tooth fairy left a dollar under her pillow. And so the magic continues. For now. E seems to be wavering a little in her faith in magic. On Boxing Day, my sister brought over the dvd The Polar Express for us to watch and it seemed to help a little. But I may only have her for one more year. That is, if those big kids on the bus don't start in again and shake her confidence.
I thought I had covered the magic part pretty well with the whole "wink and a blink" for Santa's many visits. 'But mommy, how can Santa fit so many gifts in ONE sleigh?!'..."magic". All those different looking Santas in the malls, "representatives". Once she stops believing in one of these elements, the house of cards will fall and Christmas will be just a little less magical.
But for now, she is a child who believes in magic and I love that I am the one that makes that magic happen.
Day 24 was a lollipop. She isn't allowed them normally (bad for her teeth), but it was a fitting treat for Christmas Eve.
No comments:
Post a Comment